Branwood Core Values
Our school curriculum is underpinned by the values that we hold dear at our Branwood School. The curriculum is the means by which the school achieves its objective of educating children in the knowledge, skills and understanding that they need in order to lead fulfilling lives.
The main values of our school, upon which we have based our curriculum are:
- We are a fully inclusive yet independent preparatory school.
- All stakeholders (Pupils, Parents, Staff, Governors and Trustees) will adhere to and support the ethos of an independent preparatory school.
- The schools prime focus is preparation for independent senior school and grammar school examinations.
- At Branwood we aim to achieve academic excellence in English, Mathematics, Languages and Music but at the same time develop a broad and balanced curriculum including Science, ITC, Art, PE, RE PSHEE and other foundation subjects.
- That punctuality, appearance, behaviours and manners are the bedrock of the school.
- That the quality and presentation of both classwork and homework is a high priority for our school and we look for all stakeholders to support us in this.
- That taking part in our school and in everything that we do should be at the forefront of our minds.
- That the school is a safe and happy place for our pupils to achieve their true potential.
- At all times we will keep these core values at the heart of all that we do and hope to achieve.
- We value children’s uniqueness, we listen to the views of individual children, and we promote respect for diverse cultures.
- We value the spiritual and moral development of each person, as well as their intellectual and physical growth.
- We value the importance of each person in our community, and we organise our curriculum to promote inclusion, cooperation and understanding among all members of our community.