We are very proud to have been awarded the Eco-School award. Our eco council members have worked really hard to engage the whole school community in finding ways for us to be more environmentally friendly and to help the planet. The council members meet regularly and are always keen to promote new initiatives.
Most recently the following have been introduced:
- The WOW – Walk to school Challenge – promoting active journeys to school.
- Encouraging the reduction of paper use – The school have recently adopted paperless reports and an electronic invoicing system.
- Signage around school reminding staff and pupils to turn off the lights.
- Weekly eco-friendly tips in the Branwood Bee – Newsletter.
- The Duracell Big Battery Hunt recycling initiative